2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup yam, cooked and mashed
Handsome Carver’s Pumpkin Pie Peanut Spread
Optional: chopped nuts and/or raisins
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a standard 12-muffin pan with cupcake paper liners.
- In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, canola oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the liquid mixture and incorporate gently.
- Fold in the mashed yam and combine; don’t over-mix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
- Stir in chopped nuts and/or raisins (optional).
- Spoon batter into the cupcake papers to about ½ full. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of Handsome Carver’s Pumpkin Pie Peanut Spread into the center of each cup then top with more batter until batter is at the rim of the cup. With the tip of a knife gently swirl the batter to incorporate the Pumpkin Pie Peanut Spread.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Serve the muffins warm.